I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Awkward Moments

My current employer is being purchased by another company. Because of that there are obviously several things happening, including the closure of the 401K and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program).

Because of all this, my company sponsored a gathering for a number of the financing companies in the area. The idea is that they come in and pitch what they have to offer to everyone. It was actually a very good idea, and I appreciate the effort the company went through to set this up.

While I was at this gathering, I wound up talking with someone from Merrill Lynch. Realizing that this gathering was not the ideal place to pitch what they offer, they had arranged two other gatherings outside of this event. These gatherings would be Merrill Lynch only; no other financial institutions would be there.

The first was on a Thursday night. Can't go. I have school on Thursday nights. So I made arrangement for my fiance and I to attend the Saturday morning event.

Wanna guess how many people showed up? Just her and I, oh and 6 employees from Merrill Lynch.

The good news was that we got a very personalized presentation.
The bad news was that is was pretty awkward at times. The unspoken embarrassment that nobody else showed up for their event, except the two of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home