I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Monday, November 13, 2006

I've officially changed my name

Well, at least at the Giant grocery store.

I apparently lost my bonus card a couple of weeks ago -- I removed all non-essential items from my wallet before I went on the honeymoon. I have no idea where the bonus card went.

So, yesterday I went and got a new one. I'm not a big fan of these loyalty programs everyone is creating. I don't see why they need your contact info, just so they won't overcharge you when you do them a favor and shop at their store and purchase the products they sell that keep them in business.

My solution? I simply put down false information. Last time, my name was Marko Ramius (anybody know where I got that one from?). This time...
Pink Floyd.

The lady at the courtesy counter, briefly challenged me...

Employee: Your name isn't Pink Floyd.
Me: You can't prove it's not, and I don't have to show you any ID to get the card.

After examining the form for a minute (I assume seeing if that was true), she gave me my new card.

As for the other info such as address, phone, and email... I make up an address, and leave the others blank.

I think next time my name will be Tommy Tutone, and my phone number will be 415.867.5309.

P.S. Traci refused to accompany me to the courtesy counter, as she knew what I was going to be doing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chuck said...

Marko Ramius

What is Sean Connery's caracter from The Hunt for Red October Alex?

I will take movie characters for $1000 Alex.

You should have used. Ricard K! Zootlanter

08:46  
Blogger Rich B said...

Close...

The question was "Name the character from one of Rich's favorite books who captained the Red October?"

The movie was a HUGE disappointment, and I prefer to pretend it doesn't exist.

I thought about the Mr. Zootlanter persona, but decided to go with something they could pronounce.

09:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home