I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Pollywog No More

Traci and I offically lost our Pollywog status at 09:30 EDT (02:30 local time, somewhere at 38,000 feet over the Pacific) on the morning of Monday, October 16th. 2 hours later, we crossed the International date line, and jumped ahead to Tuesday. All of this was decided by watching my in-seat navigation system on board our 747. I was rather hoping for some official notification by the pilot, but considering the time and the fact that most of the plane was asleep, I can understand the silence.

We landed in Fiji, and after a short delay jumped on our final of 4 flights and 18 hours total flight time. Below is a picture of our final destination airport, SAVUSAVU on the Fijian island of Vanua Levu. It's not much, and they are closing it down for renovations at the end of this month. I'm guessing by renovation, they mean 2 sticks of dynamite and then starting over.



The worst part of our trip happened at this airport. A summary of the conversation between me and the airport attendant:

Attendant: "You mean your bags are on that plane?"
Me: "You mean the plane that just took off?!?! Yes, my bags were on that plane! Traci, wave goodbye to our bags!"


We had 2 of our bags delivered to our Bure (villa) at the resort some hours later. And after we pointed out we had 3 bags total, the third was located and delivered.

I'll save the rest for a later time, but here are some of the pictures so far.

Namale's Main Gate

Our View at Breakfast

Stairs into our Private Area

Our Bure

Our Deck

Our Beach from Our Deck

Our Bed

Kilo markers.
Big shout out, if you can spot the problem here




UPDATE: Traci just learned they have rather large (2~3 foot wing span) fruit bats at night here... Apparently, we are now searching for them tonight. This should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home