I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

"He Cold Clocked Me"

I know I said my last post was the last from the US, but that was before lunch...

As I was leaving the building for lunch, I was walking down a hallway talking with a colleague. Walking briskly about 10~15 feet ahead of us, was an older gentleman in a fancy suit talking on a cell phone. In retrospect, I would guess the man was a lawyer, but that's a total guess.

The gentleman turned to say something to my colleague and I, as he was approaching the part in the hallway that leads to a stairwell door.

Based on the name of this post, any guesses where I'm going with this?

The gentleman (walking briskly) meets the door to the stairwell as it is opened by another colleague of mine (Tim).

It was a nice impact; a good, deep, resonating "THUD"! The gentleman was sent stumbling against the opposite wall -- if not for the wall, he would have been down.

I tried to warn him, but I was only able to get out "Sir, Wa..." THUD!

When asked multiple times if he was OK, the man replied that he was. He went on to say he was about to say something to my colleague I was talking with when he turned around and "he cold clocked me."

To which I responded, you have to watch where you are walking.

Tim, if he does turn out to be a lawyer and sues, let me know, I saw the whole thing, and it was pretty entertaining. I'd love to describe whole event in open court.

1 Comments:

Blogger Old Man Kirby said...

Sounds like Operation BORIS

14:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home