I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Leftover Pockets

Thanksgiving is over, and perhaps for some of us, the leftovers are as well.

But for those of you who still have leftovers, you may want to try this recipe -- it's really quite good.

First, purchase some Pillsbury crescent rolls -- you'll need 4 rolls for each pocket. A container of the the original rolls will yield 2 pockets.

Once the container is open, the rolls are basically large rectangles, with a perforation diagonally, creating 2 triangles per rectangle. Using 1 rectangle for the bottom of the pocket, knead the perforation over so that you have 1 complete rectangle.

Put on your leftovers -- turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, etc... basically anything that can be baked in the oven, except cranberry sauce. While I haven't tried cranberry sauce (I don't like it), I can't imagine it does good when baked.

How much you can put on each pocket, depends on how good you are at kneading dough. Traci and I usually get full from eating 1.5 pockets each, so they are a pretty good meal.

create the top of the pocket, using the same method you did for the bottom, and place the new piece of dough on top.

Knead the bottom and top together, and bake according to the crescent roll directions.

A friend of mine came up with the idea last year, but never tried it. Traci and I tried it last year, and they were great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home