I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Friday, March 07, 2008

The Pig Flies Again!



For those who don't know, I'm a HUGE Pink Floyd fan. Knowing this, the wife got me tickets to see a Pink Floyd tribute band performing here in town for XMas.

The band is called "The Pink Floyd Experience". So last night, we went. It was pretty good. Though I will admit that I was a little disappointed with the performance. Overall I would have to give them a 8.7 -- they took too many Artistic Licenses during the show for my liking.

Acoustically they pretty much mirrored the sound of Pink Floyd, but vocally... not quite there. I would have given them a 8.4 or so, but the presence of the Pig at the end of the show... that got them bonus points.

As it turns out, just a couple of weeks ago, while surfing around looking at information for the upcoming event, I ran across another tribute band -- Pink Floyd: The Machine.

They were playing down in Falls Church, VA and it would be a 2 hour drive. I hemmed and hawed, but in the end I bought the tickets, and made the trip.

After going to the show, I can't believe I thought about not buying the tickets... they were AWESOME!!! Easily a 9.4 -- they lost a little because of the lack of Pig. But other than that... Close your eyes, and you would have a hard time telling you weren't listening to Pink Floyd live.

Both bands covered the gambit of the Pink Floyd Collection -- "From Piper at the Gates of Dawn" to "Division Bell", but PFX (Pink Floyd Experience) focused mainly on "The Wall". Great Album, but I was more impressed with the breadth of music the Machine did.

If you have the chance to see The Machine, and you are even somewhat a fan... Go for it; you won't regret it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home