I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Monday, September 11, 2006

'06 NFL Kickoff Weekend

This past weekend was pretty good.

I've been getting the DirecTV Sunday Ticket for a couple of years now, but this year was the first year I got the package in HD. I've had HD cable for a couple of years running, so I have seen local games and other programming in HD. I know how amazing HD is compared to non-HD programming, but I've just never shelled out the extra money to get the Sunday Ticket in HD and the receiver/dish necessary to support the package.

I justified it in years past because in the beginning there weren't many games broadcast in HD -- I would look at the HD broadcast schedule before the season started. The first year I could get HD, they had a maximum of 4~5 games a week in HD. Yesterday, all but 2 games were in HD.

Yet another thing that made yesterday terrific -- No school work to either do, or put off doing. Have I mentioned that I'm finished?

The only real football related problem was that my team (the Buffalo Bills) lost. I became a fan back in the 90's with Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly -- regular season Jim Kelly, post-season Jim Kelly stunk -- Andre Reed, Don Beebe, and the whole K-Gun offense.

Nowadays, they just stink. They have a guy named Losman playing QB. Yesterday he lived up to his name... taking a sack in the endzone for a safety as the 4th quarter was winding down, and thus losing the game for the Bills. I'm not sure what the coaching staff sees in this guy, but I can assure you he stinks. On top of that, I'm forced to watch the play again and again on every highlight or sports show on TV... I think ESPN has the play running on continuous loop.

Traci's teams (Patriots and Saints) are a combined 2-0
My teams (I also like the Packers) are 0-2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home