I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Off to the "Great Gig in the Sky"

Last week, David Gilmour (of Pink Floyd fame) made the announcement that Pink Floyd would never play together again (the version of Pink Floyd that included he and Roger Waters)...

Monday, Richard Wright (founding member of Pink Floyd and their keyboardist) passed away, after his battle with cancer... I suppose any chance of a reunion is definately out of the question now.

Wright didn't write many songs for Floyd in the later years, but Great Gig in the Sky on the Dark Side of the Moon album is perhaps my favorite.

Although the lyrics below belong to another song (Breathe), they are appropriate...

Home, home again
I like to be here when I can
When I come home cold and tired
It’s good to warm my bones beside the fire
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home