I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Cingular CSRs

I don't mean to sound superior or arrogant, but the last couple of interactions I've had with CSRs have all left me with an understanding of why they have a job as a CSR, and not as a rocket scientist.

For example:

About 3 weeks ago, I switched the personal cell phone from a regular cell phone account -- we were paying $35/mo. and got X many minutes, etc... To a pre-paid account. You see, the wife carries the cell phone, and MIGHT, on a heavy month, use 30~40 minute of talk time. That's it. Neither of us see the point in talking umpteen million minutes on a cell phone while driving or walking around a store, and forcing the rest of society listen to half of our conversation (don't get me started on the whole NEXTEL walkie/talkie feature where I'm forced to listen to both sides... I REALLY don't get that walkie/talkie feature...)

At any rate, watching $35 a month fly out the window was painful. I looked into it, and Cingular has several pre-paid plans that would save us boat loads of money each year, so I switched to one of them.

Then, the other day, the wife told me that she no longer has signal on the phone... We don't live in an area where signal is sparse. We never have issues getting signal from Cingular (NEXTEL is another issue. Work makes me carry a NEXCRAP phone). So, I play with it for a day, and still no signal anywhere.

Last night I call Cingular. 3 transfers later, I am talking with a rep that can actually access my account. Not surprisingly pre-paid accounts are treated as 2nd class citizens, but OK.

Rep asks what she can do to help me. I inform her that:

"I recently swithed from a regular monthly account to a pre-paid account. The phone worked for a couple weeks after that, but now the phone gets no signal anywhere. I'm standing in my kitchen now, and used to get full signal, now I have nothing."

Her response:

"Are you on your phone now? I won't be able to help you if you are."

Did she really ask me that? Does anybody see the problem here? How can I be on my phone, when my phone has no signal?

I hope she's not in line for a promotion to any job that requires her to think without the aid of scripts that CSRs read from.

P.S. after several go rounds of short bursts of typing on her end, and me turning the phone off and on, I now have full signal.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home