I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Inspection Citation Update

As promised, the cost of the citation...

$107.50

Apparently this cost is calculated using the time that elapsed between when the inspection expired, and the date the citation was issued. My fine would not have been reduced by calling the District Justice any earlier to get the amount.

Now addressing some of the comments on the previous post...

Thankfully I didn't get a 2nd citation last evening... the 2nd fine would have been $120 or so.
As far as when exactly the first citation was issued, I mistyped when I typed "driving back last week." The original citation was issued on 3/29/07 - almost 2 weeks ago now. I had thought it was the beginning of last week, but I was wrong.

Of course, I didn't tell officer Bob about the original citation. I figured the chances of him letting me go last night would have been GREATLY diminished if he knew I had already gotten a citation, and had let more than a week lapse between that citation and last night.

I forgot to mention the original officer (Officer Todd W) had given me a lecture about me not caring about the safety of me or my fellow motorists, because I had left my vehicle safety inspection lapse, and there could have been something mechanically wrong with my vehicle without me knowing.

I pointed out to the Officer Todd, that the only thing that originally failed were the tires, and they were replaced within days of failing. IF something else had gone wrong mechanically with my vehicle since then, having my car inspected back then would not have done any good in catching the problem now.

This was of course, after he handed my the citation. Why antagonize the officer before he gives you the citation?

P.S. My car passed inspection, only needing a bulb for the rear passenger tail light. Funny, Officer Bob didn't point my tail light out last night. I'm convinced garages find little things wrong from time to time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home