I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Monday, August 13, 2007

I Just Don't Get It


There's this guy... He owns his own business -- Professional Dog Waste Removal.

In our area, he's known as "Mr. Scoop". What does he write on his tax return as his occupation? What does he tell new acquaintences he does for a living?

His job is to go around and pick up your dog's droppings. Come on... Exactly how lazy have we gotten as a society, that we don't have the time or energy to pick our dog's droppings...

In my neighborhood, there are 4 people with signs in their front yard, so I'm guessing he has 4 customers, just in my neighborhood.

I've got a dog -- a BIG dog. And he sometimes has other dogs over to play with him in our back yard. Yet, using the device on the right-hand side of the picture, I'm still able to somehow muster enough energy to go into the back yard on a weekly basis, and spend all of 15 minutes removing not only his droppings, but those of his friends' as well. Does this make me a Professional Dog Waste Removal Engineer?

I don't begrudge this guy (or anybody in this business) anything. If there are people with more money than brains, and want to pay him $10/wk for a single visit to pick up droppings, more power to him.

I just don't get it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home