I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Happy Anniversary

It's a day late (technically 2 since I am writing this at 00:13 on October 16th), but this past Sunday was the wife and I's first anniversary.

Don't worry... I didn't forget about it either with her, or with respect to the blog... I just choose to NOT do any computer related activities for the last several days.

Now a question for all you married folks out there... When does this marital bliss thing kick-in? I figure it's kinda like runner's high... after a certain amount of distance(time), the pain ebbs it's way into a euphoric high, right? So, when can I expect it to start?

Just kidding (wife reads this, and wanted to pull her chain a little)... life on the home front is pretty darn good... exception is the brother living in the basement, but into every life, a little family must fall, right? Even that isn't sooo bad. Could/Will be better once he moves out, but that's MONTHS down the road.

The wife and I took an extra long weekend -- 4 days -- and spent time doing whatever we wanted. Went to Philadelphia for a day, hung around the house, ran some errands, etc.. I finally had time to go to the eyeglass place and pick out a new pair; my last pair was again broken while playing with my dog, and for the last several months, I have been wearing my prescription sunglasses around both day and night... I just hadn't had time to go, and when I did have time, I honestly didn't feel like doing anything.

For our anniversary dinner, we went to Morton's steakhouse down at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. She and I first broached the idea of marriage at a Morton's steakhouse while celebrating her passing the bar several years ago, so I figured we'd just go back to where it all started.

Oh, the wife and I joined a gym on Sunday as well. Now that summer is over, and the decent running weather is almost at a close, I won't be running, and the wife won't be biking. We figured we take this time and start up at a gym. Went through the whole sales pitch thing, because we are currently "trying it out for a week free", so they made us work with a membership counselor, who gave us a tour (very nice facility), and then started in with a hard sell. Even went as far as to give us individual body fat analysis's.

Mine came back at 15%... I'm in the excellent range on the charts. Kinda took the wind out of his sails. I am NOT, however, in any kind or exceptional shape... decent - yes, exceptional - no... still loads of areas I want to work on. I hope to use this blog as a quick place to track progress... not for any purpose, other than to force myself to keep going. Figure if I post results for the world to see, I'll be more likely to stick with it. I will make it known now though, that I really only want to go regularly in late fall/winter/early spring time; once good outside weather returns, I would like to get back to running and biking.... we'll see.

But starting... well now, it's back to work. I am writing this blog entry as I wait for a process to complete in a maintenance I am doing for work right now. Remember my last entry -- the maintenance that didn't go too well? -- well, I'm at it again. This time, things are going much better.

We'll, I'd better finish up, as the process should almost be done. Off to bed, and up bright and early for another GREAT day at work.

P.S. I'm all a flutter... in a couple more hours I get to see Tiger Army in concert. Pity sarcasm can't show through too well in a typing medium. The wife is becoming a big fan, and I (the loving husband) am accompanying her to the concert tonight.

See ya later.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home