I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Sequoia Story

Alright, here it is... Short and sweet.

My sister at the time (Summer of 2002) had 2 large dogs (rottweilers), and decided that she needed a vehicle to help transport these dogs around. Understand that these are not the typical from home to vet trips, but actual vacations to the beach, mountains, etc...

She was getting rid of a Toyota Sienna mini-van and wanted to maintain the ability to comfortably transport the dogs.

She was leasing the Sienna, and as such had no equity in the vehicle, nor did she have any money to use as a deposit on anything. She was even financing tax/tags/title/etc...

She went back to the Toyota dealership, and started looking at their SUVs. Toyota has several, and I honestly don't know/remember which ones she looked at. She had several things on a list of "must haves" and she found 2 that matched her requirements.

The first must have been a 4-Runner (I honestly thought it was something else, but looking at Toyota's website, that appears to be the SUV one step down from the Sequoia). Upon pricing it out with all the options and features she wanted she wound up with a vehicle payment of $650/month for 6 years.

The Sequoia, fully fitted with her wants, came to a monthly payment of $780/month for 7 years.
We all know which one she choose, but can anyone guess why?

...

Because as she pointed out to me, "the Sequoia is only an extra $130/month."

I replied, "Yea, but only for the first 6 years. After that it's an extra $780/month for another year, or a little over $9000." -- $9360 to be exact.

I'll spare you the rest of my views on this subject, suffice to say, I do not agree with her thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home