I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Must Get Ice Cream...

So now that it's summer in suburbia, we are once again treated the sounds of the ice cream truck driving thru the neighborhood.

This will be our 3rd summer in the house. The first summer, the ice cream truck came thru every Tuesday like clock work. Most Tuesdays, Traci and I would treat ourselves to some ice cream. Last year, no truck. I couldn't figure it out. The neighborhood should be a gold mine. The place is replete with kids everywhere, and every couple of weeks, more balloons announcing another bundle of joy are tied to mailboxes.

Last Tuesday, the question was answered. The truck broke at the beginning of the season, and apparently, these things are ordered months in advance, so last summer was a wash for these people.

I was told that Tuesdays will be the night they come thru. So last night we ate dinner, and patiently waited for the ice cream truck. Nothing, until 8:45pm. They drove down the street without the music on, since it was so late. Just out of luck I looked out the front window to see the truck drive by.

Traci ran out the front door after it, and thinking I was behind her, jokingly said in an exaggerated voice "Must Get Ice Cream." When she looked to see my reaction, she realized that I wasn't there, but our neighbor was standing in his garage staring at her.

I had decided to walk in the opposite direction to catch the ice cream truck as it rounded the block. I caught the truck. They were experiencing electrical problems with the new truck, and were running late.

As a side note, they had frozen chocolate covered bananas. Being the nice guy I am, I bought one for my other neighbor who last week announced she'd never had one before. They normally don't carry them, but happened to have some last night. You'll be happy to know that Heidi (the woman who drives her kids 100 yards to the bus stop), enjoyed the banana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home