I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Depeche Mode Concert

Let me first state, that I am not a fan. Traci is. I jokingly refer to Depeche Mode as Commode.

With that little fact clear, Sunday I headed out for my 2nd Depeche Mode concert in 6 months or so. This one was at the Nissan pavilion outside of Manassas, VA - 135 miles from home.

The venue was great! Outdoor concert seating, but a covered roof in case of inclement weather. The weather we had was also great. Little nippy, but we were prepared and brought a sweatshirt for me and a light jacket for Traci. If you were a fan, I'm sure the concert was everything you hoped. Traci enjoyed it, and so did another friend from work who is a Depeche Mode fan.

The BLOGGING moment of this event happened when we parked. After we parked, we gathered up some trash from the car (soda cans, paper, etc..) and headed towards the first trash can we found on the way in. As soon as I threw the stuff away, I realized I hadn't paid notice to where we parked. We hadn't walked very far, so it wasn't a huge deal.

"Shit.", and I turned around to look for some type of marker to indicate what section we were in.
"What?" was Traci's response.
"I forgot to look where we parked."

Now, I consider Traci to be a very intelligent person. She's well read, went to some good schools, and has her law degree. It's just that when she gets excited (and she was excited about the concert), she has "Traci moments", where she doesn't think things through to the end.

Her reply to "I forgot to look where we parked" was... "Just remember it's by the trash can."

I looked at her. "Do you think there's only 1 trash can in the entire parking lot?"
"This is going into work, isn't it?" was her reply.

It was a good laugh.

My friend, Bryan, had more difficulties than I with events surrounding the concert (Bryan if you're reading this, you should have driven down with me as I offered), but again, he enjoyed the concert itself. I'll let him explain any and all troubles he had to his fellow co-workers/friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home