I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Final Weekend Update

Busy weekend...

1) Saturday at the local shopping mall, I witnessed the aftermath of an attempted shoplifting. I'm guessing that the suspect (about 14 years old) was tackled by a security guard after trying to run. We came up the escalator to see a crowd of on lookers. In the center was the 14 year-old on the ground and a gentleman kneeling over him.

My view was a little obstructed, so I couldn't tell if the gentleman was assisting the kid, as in the kid fainted, passed-out, etc., or if the guy was holding the kid down. The kid wasn't struggling, but the size difference between the two, would have made struggling fruitless.

At any rate, couple minutes later, I saw officers leading the kid away in handcuffs.

Traci works in the Public Defender's office defending children accused of crimes. I wonder if she'll have to recuse herself from this case if it comes across her desk.

2) At the Commode (Depeche Mode) concert. I saw a woman being lead away in handcuffs. From the conversation I over heard between the police and security gaurds, and the woman's friends, she was arrested for pot smoking.

Couldn't listen too much, because at the time I was trying to find a quiet spot so that I could give my friend who was driving separately to the concert directions. At the time he was "directionally challenged". Apparently his navigator (girlfriend), is not as good at navigating as he'd like.

P.S. Because this is entitled "Final Weekend Update", I will wait until tomorrow to share with you my latest story about my sister. It's not all that exciting, so it can wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home