I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Poker Night Results

Legal Disclaimer: It's my BLOG and I'll tell the story the why I want.

The night was a pretty good success.

Participants: Myself, Scott, Chuck, Bryan, Sean, Josh, Todd, Rhett

Big Winner: Sean walked away with $56 -- a profit of $36.
Big Loser: Rhett lost $29
My results: walked away with $45 -- a profit of $25

Biggest slap down of the night:
The game was "Progressive" -- basically 5 card draw, but the pot keeps growing until someone gets "trips" or better (3 of a kind or better). This game typically goes on for several hands, until someone gets trips.

On about the 4th hand, I drew 1 card and had a J high flush. I was happy. The betting went around people were raising, and I was raising too. Finally the call came, and I believe it was down to Sean, Todd, and myself. Can't remember what Sean had, but I beat him... I went to grab the pot, and Todd reveals his quad 3's (four 3's)... CRAP!!!

Biggest Bonehead hand of the night:
The game was "Follow the Bitch" -- 7 cards per player, 3 face down, and 4 face up. For the purposes of this story, consider that just Queen's are wild. The hand comes down to Sean v. Rhett. Sean had 2 Q's and a 10 showing (meaning he had at least 3 10's). Rhett calls the bet, and announces that he has 3 8's. He couldn't even beat what Sean had showing, yet he calls. In disbelief, Sean asks "No really. What do you have?" We couldn't understand Rhett's thinking. If he couldn't even beat what Sean had showing, why call? Turns out Rhett said he forgot that Q's are wild. Despite the fact we were playing "Follow the Bitch".

New Game of the Night: Texas Roadhouse.
Sean forgot the name "Texas Hold'em" -- not surprising for the guy how just the other day said "What's the name of that thing in your house that makes the air cold?" (air conditioner).

Rules, everything is the same as Hold'em, except there is now a 6th Street. Whatever card shows up on 6th street is wild, and any like it. Meaning if a 6 shows up, every six is wild.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home