I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Stupid Americans

Bouyed by the article entitled Geographic Illiteracy and the accompaning quiz -- on which I got 9 out of 10 (there is some dissent on the answer to the first question... it depends on whether you count water area as part of a state's area.), we conducted an in-house geography quiz.

Each person was given a blank map of the US, and asked to label the 50 states and two oceans.

The results were encouraging for the most part. Scores ranged from 52 to 31, most people receiving 50+. I received a 50; I mislabeled Kansas as Iowa, and couldn't remember at all Kansas.

The person scoring 31 had two states labeled Oregon (one was correct), and the state of Maine labeled as New England.

How would you do?

Blank Map

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home