I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Friday, May 12, 2006

The adventures of Dogdini

So yesterday morning (I swear I posted this yesterday, but must have not hit "Publish Post"), I'm laying in bed at 6:15. I hear a knock at my front door.

"Who would be knocking at this time of morning?"

Then it hit me, why wasn't my dog going crazy? He LOVES people, and goes nuts when we get company.

As I'm scrambling to get dressed I ask Traci, "You brought the dog in last night, right?"

"Yep."

Then the door bell rings; still nothing from the dog.

"Coming."

I rush down stairs in my boxers and t-shirt, and find a neighbor on the front porch with my dog standing beside her.

"This your dog?"

"Yes! Thanks and sorry!"

So, how you ask did Dogdini escape? Simple. I had grilled out the previous night, but we didn't eat till late, so by the time we were done eating, it was close to that time of night where we retire upstairs to read or futz around on the computer.

Since my grill is a charcoal grill that I keep in the garage, I don't like to put it back in until it has cooled down. Well, I was so excited that I would have a chance to read something for personal enjoyment, rather than some boring crap for school (the semester ended this week), I completely forgot about the grill. I went to bed that night with the garage door open.

Sometime during the night, the wind blew the door between the garage and the house open, and with the garage door already up, the dog just walked out. We have no idea what time of night this was, but based on the fact that he pretty much slept all day yesterday and last evening (unusual for him), we are guessing he was out most of the night.

The neighbor said Bailey spotted her getting into her car, and came running over. Again, he LOVES people, and he LOVES car rides. I'm sure he just wanted to go for a ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home