I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

MBA Graduation Day and a Trivia Question

I can see it now... many, many moons in the future, a group of people gather around their anti-grav coffee table -- I said it was in the future -- playing Trivial Pursuit (York College Edition):

"OK, for the yellow wedge in Persons, Places, and Events category, and the win -- Name the first student to receive a diploma in the Grumbacher Sports and Fitness Center?"

Well, today I officially completed my MBA program by participating in the York College Winter 2006 graduation ceremony.

The ceremony was held in the brand-new, multi-million dollar Grumbacher Sports and Fitness Center, that just opened April 29, 2006.



The graduation ceremony was the first ever held in this facility. And as it turns out, I was the first ever graduate to:
1) Lead the graduating processional into the hall
2) have their name called over the PA system
and
3) walk across the stage to receive their diploma in this facility (or the rolled up piece of paper saying your diploma is on it's way).

I am now part of York College history; there will never be another first graduate to walk across the Grumbacher stage. One day, when the York College edition of Trivial Pursuit comes out, I could very well be the answer to a question such as the one posed at the beginning of this entry.

I am now unique -- just like everybody else in the world.

P.S. Back in April, Traci and I purchased a commemorative brick with our names on, that was placed in the court yard on the right hand side of Grumbacher (by the circle right outside of the building). If you zoom in on the picture, you might be able to see our brick.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chuck said...

How ironic is it that now that you are a York College Graduate, Garduation was the last time you are able to step into the all mighty Grumbacher Sports Galla and Betting Parlor!

Yes that's right ladies and gentlemen in order to allow for enough time for the current students to use the facility Alumni are not permitted to use the facility this year. This is so the college can gauge the level of use of current students before allowing the ones who have donated money for years to help build it are allowed to use it.

So when they come calling for money this 2 times alumni will be telling them to take their gym and go pound sand.

10:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home