I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Word Problem Contest

Word Problem time -- you remember these from math class, right?

If you following the contest rules, you could win $25!!!

The York College December 2006 graduating class cosisted of 25 people graduating with an MBA. Of these 25, only 32% showed up for the ceremony; 20% of those earning an MBA had already moved out of the area (remember those who finish over the summer don't participate in a ceremony until December); 12% earned an MBA with a concentration in Information Systems (myself included). And of the people who did attend graduation 25% live within a 0.2 mile radius of each other, and didn't know it until yesterday.

Now the questions:
1) How many people earning an MBA attended graduation?
2) How many people earning an MBA had already moved away?
3) How many people earning an MBA had the concentration of Information Systems?

Bonus Question

4) How many people earning an MBA live within a 0.2 mile radius of each other?

If you think you know the answers, please write your responses on the back of a $50 bill and mail it to me. The Grand Prize winner of $25, will be randomly selected from all correct entries. Please include your contact information, in case you are the Grand Prize winner.

Disclaimer: No purchase necessary. Entrants must either be idiots (or a Strouse) or willing to part with $50. Please allow 6~8 weeks for Grand Prize winner selection and notification -- payment to the winner may take longer. For complete contest details, please write to:

The Man in the Moon
PO Box 6789
Wallawalla, WA 12345-6789

4 Comments:

Blogger Old Man Kirby said...

I know the answers! But I don't feel like mailing it to you, so I am jsut going to post them here and then wait for the money to start flowing in!
1) 8
2) 5
3) 3
4) 2

16:22  
Blogger Todd said...

That sounds like the kind of contest Rhett would participate in.

10:04  
Blogger Rich B said...

I'll take anybody who follows the directions... I only need 1 person.

Out in AZ, you miss all of the poker nights with Rhett.

10:28  
Blogger Chuck said...

I got it!

1) How many people earning an MBA attended graduation?
8

2) How many people earning an MBA had already moved away?
5

3) How many people earning an MBA had the concentration of Information Systems?
3


Bonus Question

4) How many people earning an MBA live within a 0.2 mile radius of each other?
2

I don't have a $50 can I send you two twenty fives instead?

11:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home