I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Scooter has Skated...

I can't take credit for the Tag Line "Scooter has Skated..." the wife came up with that.

I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby was convicted on March 6, 2007 of four counts of perjury, obstruction of justice, and making false statements to FBI investigators.

George W. Bush, has determined that his 30 month jail sentence was just too harsh for these actions, so he commuted the jail time of the sentence, but left the $250,000 fine, and probation.

So, let me get this straight... For the record, our legal system is NOT supposed to be one of retribution, but one of deterence and rehabiliation. So... The idea is to make the possible sentences be such that nobody would want to commit the crime in the first place, and should they commit said crime, to change their thinking/behavior such that they won't do it again.

So... that being said, what The Great and Powerful George W. Bush is really saying, is that spending 30 months in jail, paying a $250,000 fine and having 2 years of probation is just to much for what he did.

Let's revisit what he did (supposedly). He commited perjury, obstructed the justice system, lied to the FBI (, and covered the VP's ass.)

Yep, I suppose having to spend 30 months in prison for covering the VP's ass, is just a little too harsh.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Libby just got a job with Halliburton along with a $250,000 signing bonus.

I am, however, surprised that Scooter didn't just get an outright pardon.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home