I Must Be Adopted

I am truly hopeful that I am adopted, and thus not as messed up as the rest of my family.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

How do I become a contestant

OK... I missed this past Thursday's "Smarter than a 5th Grader", because my brother came up for dinner / visit (see previous entry), but I recorded it. I watched the recording last evening.

Short version, I knew all the answers, save one, however, the kid on the show had the right answer, so I would have been saved. I even knew the answer to the $1 million question -- and for the record, I told the wife before I saw the question, that I would have gone for the $1 million dollars. Basically, if the final category is either math or astronomy, I would go for $1 million.

After watching the show (and I have to admit I like watching the recorded version, because I can skip through the commercials and filler and just get to the questions), I visited FOX's website to see how to become a contestant... Are there try-outs? Do you mail your name in, and perhaps get drawn from a vast list of names? How do you get on the show?

In short, I can't find the answer to that.

If anybody knows how to become a contestant, I want in. I'm convinced that I would be much more nervous once on the show, than I am sitting at home; and I'm curious as to whether I would do as well on the show, but what the heck... I'll try.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Old Man Kirby said...

Here is what I got fromt he studio that hosts the show:
"For information on being a contestant, please visit the 5th Grader home page on the FOX website. Please note that as the show is on hiatus, contestant info is not currently posted"

Since the show is on Hiatus you will jsut have to wait.

14:04  
Blogger Rich B said...

Hiatus...

didn't this thing just start? How long has this thing been on? I honestly thought that there had only been a couple of episodes...

04:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home